Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy and Sad days :-)

July 23, 2010

Happy days as it is canning season and I love canning! I canned 17 quarts of green beans this week. Also canned some cinnamon pickles, and zucchini pickles recently. Beth and I don't really like the zucchini pickles though :-(
Happy days as I love gardening!!
Sad days as I miss Daddy so much. We lost him March 4th. I am filled with gratitude that I got to spend a lot of time with Daddy the past several months before he passed, and I was right by his side when he passed. He let me know just hours before he left us that he loved Jesus alot.
I first didn't think I could ever can again as Daddy always loved canning and it was so sad for me. But I know that he would love for me to continue the art of canning. Also dear friend Cathy Niese told me that Dad is with me as I fill each jar. I know he is :-)
Well, others are talking to me as I try to type. I better hop off of here. Jake and Jonathon are both working at Walmart now.
Love to all and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral in INDY

Beautiful Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral in INDY
I love to go here!

Our baby doggies!

Our baby doggies!
Max and Peyton!