Friday, September 4, 2009

Update!

WELLL....... I did get to make peach butter and it was fun doing it the old fashioned way! I made it in my big granite turkey roaster in the oven. It cooked down some and did not make a whole lot, but is a yummy recipe and I got to share some with JoAnn and Rose! I hope to do some pumpkin butter and I make it the same way, the old fashioned way. Of course years ago women would not have had modern stoves such as the one I have, but still...... I like making the butters in my oven!
Do any of you enjoy the Little House on the Prairie books? I know Rose does! I love them especially "The Long Winter"! I am wondering what our upcoming winter will be like. Anyone hoping for lots of snow? Anyone putting up for the winter, (canning, freezing)? I am trying to can what comes my way, and have put up several jars. Currently, I am working on applesauce. I was blest with some apples, and hope to get it canned tomorrow. I enjoy freezing foods too, but there is nothing like home canned foods that are so pretty in the jars, and no thawing necessary!
Jacob is off to a good start with school and I am so thankful!! Beth and I have started school. Trudging along. I say that because she does not enjoy school. I wish I could think of ways to make it funner for her to learn. I must put on my thinking cap and start praying about it. It saddens me that she does not like school :-(
This Tuesday is the kickoff for this year's pro life meetings for the teens. I am sooooo excited and hope Jacob and Bethie can go!!
Well, it is after midnight so I will close now.
May God bless you abundantly,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral in INDY

Beautiful Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral in INDY
I love to go here!

Our baby doggies!

Our baby doggies!
Max and Peyton!