Tuesday, September 7, 2010

APPLES!!

Apples!!
Lots and lots of apples!!! I feel so blest!!! Free apples for the picking, (also picking off the ground as well as the trees!) and now its busy in the kitchen making apple butter and applesauce for canning. I have discovered a new website from dear friend Karen Sue Miller with an awesome looking recipe for apple pie filling that I intend to try, and can as well. Hopefully my headaches will stay away and I can get lots of canning done over the next few days with these apples. I already have applesauce and apple butter in the fridge to can. Also the crockpot is all ready with another load of apples, cinnamon, sugar, and red hots to turn on in the AM to cook into more apple butter. Dear Cathy, (Niese) I wonder if you have been able to can this summer. I hope so!!
I bet you dear Sandra C. have been canning at your Minnesota homestead.
Well, its off to bed soon so I can get up with Elizabeth in the AM to get her off to school, and then turn on the crockpot that will fill the house with the wonderful aroma of apple butter cooking!!! Poor Mark is sick with a cold :-(
I just gave him some Tylenol and cold medicine. Friday we head up to Riley with poor Bethie to try to figure out this stomach pain thing :-(
Tomorrow dear friend Connie has heart surgery. Connie we are praying for you and holding you close in our hearts. Dad S. you are in our hearts and prayers too with your dr. visit tomorrow. Goodnight little Nik and Madi. You are mamma's sweet babes!!
Linda W. I bet you really miss Louis. I know I do. I miss Nathan and Chris too. At least I still have Jake and Jon here! And Garrett is close by although I haven't gotten to see him for awhile. Hopefully soon....
Goodnight all! Goodnight Jess, Nick, Gabe, Kelley, Mommy, Jean Ann, Bethie, Jake, Jon, Mark Randall, Uncle George, Aunt Norma, Aunts Anna and Libby, cousins Rita and Dolly and all the family and of course Brenda, Claudia, Jane Bean and so many dear friends! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral in INDY

Beautiful Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral in INDY
I love to go here!

Our baby doggies!

Our baby doggies!
Max and Peyton!